Farsali is the instagram famous makeup brand with the primers that people drip on their face like tears before applying foundation in videos! I hope this is ringing some bells! The brand puts out gimmicky, instagram makeup and their jelly highlighter is no different. I was really excited when this first came out and since I LOVE highlighters I knew I had to try this because there is literally nothing like this product. It took a while to come to Sephora, I prefer to buy stuff there versus brand sites because my points and free shipping, so I waited.
Here’s my thoughts on it:
- This wears better on top of foundation. It lasts much longer than just on skin with primer. If I wear it on skin its hard to see within an hour or two of applying. With that being said I don’t think its the longest lasting highlighter. I’ve had a longer lasting highlighter using powder and setting spray. I do think this would wear better on a matte foundation.
- It goes on like jelly and sets like a powder so I don’t recommend layering this with another highlighter like you would do with a cream than a powder.
- It drys fast so blend it in quickly and do one side at a time. I go in with a beauty blender then use a brush to buff out the edges. Its not the easiest product to blend.
- It’s not an in your face, intense glow but its more then au natural if you know what I mean. You can build it up too. I’ve been into less intense highlighters, like still looking like you have highlighter on but not a tin man, reflective glow. The color is called ‘glazed’ and it does look like a glaze donut color.
- For $40 I won’t say this is the best highlighter out there. I’ve been using it for the past two weeks and I enjoy it but its not my favorite highlighter that I own but I like it. It wins for originality and uniqueness.
- If you love highlighter, gold ones especially, and like to collect them then I totally recommend this because I think you would love it!
- The lid is hard to unscrew.
Overall, its a cool product to own but I don’t think its a holy grail that you have to go out a buy and I probably wouldn’t buy it again. I think a Colourpop super shock highlighter is better and a fraction of the price. If you love/collect makeup and love golden highlighters then I say swatch it and if you like it go for it because its pretty on skin and unique! I give it an 7/10 because I’ve been reaching for it a lot and I love golden highlighters but in terms of highlighter wear, price and glow intensity; its good, not great.