Desi x Katy Dose of Colors eyeshadows // Maybelline Color tattoo pot // Stila Magnificent metals // Revlon Color Stay pot // Covergirl eyeshadow pot // Mac Fix + // Morphe 35 OS
I love night time makeup because I get to experience with glitter, shine and sparkle! I will always be a sparkle girl and even if I try to contain it at times I always want it. Glitter and metallic eyeshadows look hard to work with. They require some type of makeup knowledge, can look pageant-y and are often messy. When you find your way they’re so pretty and they can be easy and far from pageant-y. I promise!.. Here is your next night out eye look!
- I like to start with a shimmer eyeshadow pot base. Mac has some and so does the drugstore. They’re all pretty similar. I have extremely oily eye lids so I love eyeshadow pots because they stay in place all day. With glitter or shimmer you’re going to need a shadow primer, a glitter glue or some type of base to keep it on your eye lids. I go for primer or an eyeshadow pot.
- When I’m using glitter shadows I want to keep everything else super simplified. No need to blend a bunch of matte shades into my crease because the glitter will just cover it. I do an eye shadow pot or primer and bronzer, glitter or shimmer shadow, mascara and maybe some liner to smoke it out.
- To avoid the pageant-y look and to steer towards the more high fashion, natural, glitter shadow look I like to use my fingers! This makes it less perfect and easy to maneuver. It’s a swipe and done. I also avoid heavy winged liner, crazy false lashes and bright lips. Those makes this more instagram looking and less like simplified and fashion makeup.
- Whether you buy a glitter shadow or use shimmers there is a number of different ways to get a metallic, high shine, glitter look. For glitter shadows, I love the Stila magnificent metals. I apply a base and then I will apply this all over the lid. Once it dries I’ll run an eyeshadow brush through the crease to blend it together and help with any excess fallout.
- If you just have some shimmer shadows pair them with a wet eyeshadow brush or finger. I like to use setting spray and I find that MAC fix plus in particular works very well for this! A wet application of shimmer shadows really intensifies the color, the glitter and the metallic qualities. I use a wet finger to apply the shadows in the Desi x Katy Dose of Colors palette. It’s super easy and gives a great wash of sparkle. Wet shadow application is a great trick to kicking your normal shimmer shadows up a notch.
- Rubbing in shimmery eyeshadow sticks all over the eye is an easy, on the go, glam look!
- After applying glitter or shimmer I ALWAYS suggest using a eyeshadow brush to blend out the crease to avoid harsh lines.
It’s really just a base, a simple swipe and some blending! I love how easy and glamorous that it looks. Not two words that usually go together! It’s super pretty, super easy and so fun to wear! I know what makeup I’m doing this weekend. 😉
Pictures from pinterest