I love going to TJ Maxx and just browsing around the store. Don’t get me wrong, Nordstrom will always be my fave but there is something to be said for looking around and finding hidden treasure for a good deal! It’s one of my guilty pleasures that doesn’t even have to be guilty!
As of lately Marshalls and Tj Maxx have really stepped up there beauty sections! I’ve seen Youtube videos and instagram posts about the high end beauty products people have found there! I can attest to that because Tj Maxx is my GO – TO for St. Tropez self tanner. It’s the best self tanner ever but it’s pricey! I only get mine at Tj Maxx and it’s $7-12 depending on which one they have. It’s around $40 if you buy it full price! I make a note to always pick some up if I see it just incase I never find it again. I’ve also seen MAC, Too Faced, Bite Beauty Lancome, Stila, Smashbox and Kat Von D products there!
Here’s my how-to for navigating around Tj Maxx!
- It’s gonna be hit or miss most of the time. You may have a few misses before you get a hit but that’s sort of how it works. This is why I like looking there for mostly beauty. I’m usually not patient enough to look through clothes or even shoes but they’ll have racks of designer / contemporary clothing which is a good place to look without having to dig through a bunch of meh things. I got a Rag and Bone v neck there for $20 and I wear it all the time!
- If you see something you want – buy it! It’s not gonna be there next time you go.
- You’re gonna have to dig through the makeup / beauty products. Often times the good stuff will be the only one there. Some of the makeup stuff you see will be obvious why its there. I’m talking to the purple and orange MAC lip sticks I saw today. But you have to keep looking for the good one hiding in the madness!
- If you’re gonna buy something beauty, make sure it hasn’t been opened / tested or tampered with. Sadly lots of the makeup there is tampered with, opened and used.
- It’s gonna be messy, honestly. You have to get over that.
- The brushes are a hidden gem! I find real techniques and eco tools for under $5! Those are great brushes that retail for $10 +.
- I like to look up the hashtags on instagram to see what people are finding so I get an idea of what to look for! I look at #tjmaxxfinds
I picked up a St. Tropez self tanner for $12, a Bite Beauty lip cream in Caramel for $6 and these Catherine Malandrino Slides during my last trip to Tj Maxx! Wish I could link them for you but it doesn’t work that way! May your next TJ Maxx trip be a good one!