This is the first time in my life that I’ve to find alternative ways to get tan! I’ve lived in LA my whole life and when I needed a tan I just made effort to spend more time outside! It’s an entire different ball game on the east coast. My first winter I embraced the pale which made me realize how much I hate it and how much better I look with a tan. So heres what I do:
- I got introduced to spray tans for the first time in my life last week and I’M obsessed. As I’m typing this I’m 3 hours post spray tan #2. I love them and they are a literal 15 minute mood changer. (I don’t use tanning beds because they are so bad for your skin.) I feel so good now! If you can get one, do it!!!
- Before Spray tans I would use my St. Tropez tan which I LOVE. I still use it / love it but if I get a spray tan than I’m all set. I use the express tan because I like how dark I get and I feel like I can’t get that dark with the normal one. I also go overnight with the express one and wash in the morning. It works so well especially in a pinch and I know I can always count on it to work!
- I love bronzer to warm up the face. I’ve been using my butter bronzer lately and I love it. It has the slightest coconut vacation scent that makes me happy too.
- Dew the Hoola bronzer. I got this as a sample at the benefit store and I would totally buy the full size. So what I do is put a pump on my hand and use a wet beauty blender to apply it to my cheeks, forehead and nose. Basically all the places I put powder bronzer. Then I use a fluffy brush to apply bronzer over the same areas which sets it and blends it all in. It sounds like a lot but it’s subtle and it makes you look naturally tan. The butter bronzer and the dew the hoola itself are not extreme and I love the way they work together. What I love about this is because it’s liquid it melts into the skin and just looks like you’re not wearing anything!
- I love my hoola bronzer. I switch between this and the butter bronzer. I find that this one for all over the face is more pigmented and just not as subtle as the butter bronzer. It has more oomph.
- Colourpop highlighter in might be. (heres the swatch.) I really wanted a rose gold highlight and I figured this was it! Fair warning the swatch on the website is significantly lighter than the actually product. When I first opened it I was like whoa this is so dark its gonna have to be an eyeshadow. I was bummed! But stay with me because it blends so nicely that it can totally be a highlight for medium skin. I use it as a blush topper/ color because it’s darker and this adds warmth to the face and ties in to the bronzed, tan look. I LOVE doing it this way and it just makes the makeup routine easier. I seriously recommend buying a darker highlight and using it for blush + highlight. I love the results.