If you know me you know I’m obsessssssedddddd with beauty products. I hoard them and I want to try them all! I love watching these videos on youtube so I decided to dedicate a post to my favorite products and spare you having to listen to my weird voice in a video. I consider the best products the ones that I repurchase time and time again and cannot live without. Aka, my continuous favorites. I’m high maintenance so theres lots. Haaaa.
1. Nars creamy concealer! I use custard for my face and vanilla under my eyes. And sometimes I use vanilla for my face in the winter. :/ I love the consistency of this concealer. It blends nicely with a beauty blender and covers just about anything. I like natural makeup and don’t color correct and this concealer works well with covering red spots!
2. Beauty Blenders! I’m obsessed with my beauty blenders. They work well with hot water because then it is warm for application, which I find works better. They blend my makeup sooooo well and give me a more natural look which is always what I go for.
3. Becca Highlighter: I LOVE this highlighter. I cannot say enough good things about it and I’ve talked about it on many different occasions on my blog. I’ve owned it in Opal, Champagne Pop and Moonstone. My absolute favorite is champagne pop; its a bronzey, rose gold color. On school days I use a CC cream, mascara and either blush or highlighter and I almost always go to Champagne Pop. It gives the best glow! I was into the excessive highlighter for a bit which was definitely a 2016 trend. I got a highlighting beauty blender and I’ve been using that for a more subtle glow lately.
4. IT cosmetics Illuminating CC cream: I love watching Olivia Jade’s videos on youtube and she was raving about this. She likes natural makeup and warm tones like me so I really trust what she says. This CC cream is AMAZING. It gives great coverage and makes your skin look like you aren’t wearing makeup. This one is the illuminating one and it has little shimmers in it and I love the glow and coverage it gives my skin without looking cakey. The coverage is build-able, I choose to keep mine more sheer so you can see my skin and freckles. If you’re not a fan of shimmer, they have a regular CC cream.
5. Better than Sex mascara: I love this Too Faced mascara! It’s starting to become a cult favorite and I see why. I’ve loved the Benefit They’re Real mascara for so long and I think this one is similar but it gives more volume! This one separates my lashes enough while still making them look long and voluminous. I still love the benefit mascara and I honestly see myself switching between the two in the future.
6. Olaplex freakin 3!! This hair mask is GAME-CHANGING. I color my hair often and it is always to be lighter and I also use heat on my hair daily (blowdrying and curling iron.) Needless to say, I’m hard on my hair and while I have a lot of it, its not fine nor thick and gets damaged easily. I struggle with dry hair and split ends! Now, I always color my hair with Olaplex and just recently I started sleeping with Olaplex 3 in my hair overnight once a week. Hands down this is the healthiest my hair has been in a very long time and crazy enough its also blonde, which is the hardest on my hair! My hair is much softer, stronger and way less dry! I love this stuff so much and I can’t say enough good things about it.
7. Moroccan Oil: This adds so much moisture to my hair which is something I struggle with. I use it after I blow dry my hair and after I curl it on the ends. Hair oils are super in and this one is the best.
8. Bumble and Bumble invisible primer oil: This year I learned the importance of using a heat protectant. This one is my favorite. I look for something that obviously protects my hair but also one that allows the brush to slide through my hair when I blow dry it. I also avoid anything that gives my hair a sticky or crunchy texture. This one allows my brush to glide through my hair and adds in moisture. Win, win.
9. Kat von D tattoo eyeliner: My roommate is obsessed with eyeliner and she got me hooked. I love it! I have very oily eye lids so I struggle to find an eyeliner that lasts more than a few hours. I also love to take naps and that ruins your eyeliner apparently. hahaha. I use this with my Urban Decay eyeshadow primer and it lasts all day! The felt tip makes application easy and is really great for cat eyes!
10. Lush Bubble bars: I’ve blogged about Lush bath bombs and my affinity for them. Bubble bars do all that bath bombs do but with bubbles and they’re 1000000xs better! I love taking baths and they make baths great. They’re huge and take a while to dissolve so I cut mine in halves. The bubble bombs are a little more expensive too so it’s nice to make them last longer.
11. Mario Badescu drying lotion: This is the best products for zits! You dab the pink powder on a zit and it’s gone in the morning. It dries it out so well! I’m on my my 6th bottle and I’ve gotten my family hooked. My friends at school will come to my room w a q-tip so they can borrow some!
I have new products I’m trying that I’m liking but not sure if I would repurchase… Here we go…
Tarte Blush in glisten: I love the natural look of cream products. I love Nars orgasm and this is very similar to it in a cream consistency. Its called a cheek stain if were getting technical. So far I’m liking it and its very easy to use. I place it on my cheeks and blend w/ a wet beauty blender.
I love texture sprays for hair! So far I’ve used the Bumble and bumble city swept spray. I’m not sure if I like this yet. It gives my hair texture, but it’s sticky and makes it tangled. I think there is something wrong with the spray nozzle because it comes out in bubbles in my hair. The Not your Mothers texture spray works well, its $6 and is a great steal. It gives texture but not too much! I have the Living Proof Dry volume blast, its good for volume when it’s first applied but I’m not sure how long it lasts. You apply it like a dry shampoo and then shake through the roots. I’m still playing around with it, so far I think I like it.
I love Batiste dry shampoo! Its great for oily scalps and I get that on day 2! I like to spray my hair before I sleep because then all the power is gone in the morning. When I forget and apply in the morning sometimes the powder can be overwhelming. Its only $8 and is a great product.
I’ve been searching for a good fake tanner to take me through the winter and I’m loving the St. Tropez bronzing mousse. I’ve only used it once but I’m so impressed! It gives me a tan, not an orange glow. I think this will make its way to a continuous favorite but its still early. I’ll let you know after winter! My friend Lauren uses a sock to apply hers and that worked great for me!
Zara perfume! I love perfume and I love to have a lot of it to use depending on my mood! I love Zara perfumes. They’re cheap and they smell expensive. I go to the store and grab 3 at a time! They don’t sell them online but check your Zara because they are hidden gems!
I went to the Mac counter at Nordstrom the other day to buy a nude lipstick in Touch the Earth. The lady at the counter was SOOO rude and rolled her eyes at me because she had never heard of that color. Thats my pet peeve so I left and I ended up getting the Maybelline ones I wanted to try. I got Truffle Tease and Nude Thrill and I love both! Super happy with them and boo mac.