Happy New Year!!! 2016!!! Today marks the first day of 2016 and while all y’all got your resolutions to get your gym on and eat better I got a cake recipe to share! Butter cake! It’s super easy and cooks for an hour so you can go workout while it bakes! 😉 I suggest make it to share because its big. Maybe a party. You’ll be the belle of the ball if you show up with this cake!
1 cup of cubed butter at room temp
2 cups white sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup buttermilk – *I used a cup of heavy cream and squeezed in half a lemon and it worked just fine.
3/4 cups of white sugar
2 tbsp water
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 vanilla bean extract
1. Start oven at 325.
2. Grease bundt pan with butter liberally, dust with flour and set aside. (use lots of butter!!) This is important because you don’t want part of your cake to stick to the pan.
3. Place all cake ingredients in bowl and mix for 2 minutes.
4. Pour batter in bowl and place in oven for 65-70 minutes, or until knife comes out clean. (It’s okay to use a knife for this one because were gonna poke holes in the bottom of the cake for the glaze.)
5. Once cake is done, remove from the oven in order to cool. Place the ingredients for the glaze in a sauce pan. Combine at low heat, stir until butter and sugar are melted, don’t bring to a boil.
6. Poke holes in cake. More holes = more glaze = moister cake. Lots of holes! After you’re done pour the glaze on the cake.
8. Let cake cool, put cake on plate, then serve and enjoy!