I think along with the generation of cell phones and social media, tattoos are another synonymous token. Tattoos are so popular now and the thought that you can’t have tattoos and hold a successful career is being proved wrong everyday.. tattoos are going somewhere. Some people love them, some people absolutely hate them and to that I say to each their own. I have a tattoo! I love my tattoo and I want more. When people say that they’re addicting… theres very much truth to that statement. I can vouch for that.
Heres the tips of the tradeeeeee.
- When I got my tattoo it was something I had had in my mind for about a year before I actually got it. Now, when I get ideas for future tattoos I write them down in my phone under notes and revisit them every two weeks. If I still like the thought of having it permanently etched on my body then it stays for future consideration. Theres a method to the madness because I feel like if I can go 3-6 months and still like the idea of a tattoo, then I won’t regret getting it.
- Pinterest is a good place to look for tattoo inspiration! And while it isn’t a catalog of shoes that you just pick from, (we’re talking major permanent commitment here) it’s good to get the creative juices flowing. Tattoos are art on your body that are capable of bringing back warm thoughts of amazing memories. Any tattoo that does that is doing it’s job.
- PLACEMENT! Getting a tattoo is not only about the tattoo but the placement! Pinterest is so clever for stuff like that.
- Instagram is good for tattoo searching too.. especially if you can find a artist whose work you really like!
- With tattoos remember that it’s your body and you always want the best best quality!!! Don’t skimp. It’s easy to go with a cliche tattoo… hearts, stars (both of which I kinda dig) infinity signs…whatever. Just get what makes you happy.
- Color!!! The color ink you get is just as important as the tattoo. I think personally I’d only stick with black as I like the look of black and white. Although I really wanted a red tattoo until I learned that red ink causes the most issues with skin irritation and allergies to it. People have gotten bumps from the red ink (due to what is in it) and have even had to get their tattoo removed. I have really sensitive skin so for that I will stay away from red tattoos. Other colors like yellow and orange fade easily. They are also some of the hardest to remove! Just research, research, research so you know what you’re getting in to!
Here some ink inspiration! I like small and dainty.