This is the first time in my life that I’ve to find alternative ways to get tan! I’ve lived in LA my whole life and when I needed a tan I just made effort to spend more time outside! It’s an entire different ball game on the east coast. My first winter I embraced the pale which made me realize how much I hate it and how much better I look with a tan. So heres what I do:
- I got introduced to spray tans for the first time in my life last week and I’M obsessed. As I’m typing this I’m 3 hours post spray tan #2. I love them and they are a literal 15 minute mood changer. (I don’t use tanning beds because they are so bad for your skin.) I feel so good now! If you can get one, do it!!!
- Before Spray tans I would use my St. Tropez tan which I LOVE. I still use it / love it but if I get a spray tan than I’m all set. I use the express tan because I like how dark I get and I feel like I can’t get that dark with the normal one. I also go overnight with the express one and wash in the morning. It works so well especially in a pinch and I know I can always count on it to work!
- I love bronzer to warm up the face. I’ve been using my butter bronzer lately and I love it. It has the slightest coconut vacation scent that makes me happy too.
- Dew the Hoola bronzer. I got this as a sample at the benefit store and I would totally buy the full size. So what I do is put a pump on my hand and use a wet beauty blender to apply it to my cheeks, forehead and nose. Basically all the places I put powder bronzer. Then I use a fluffy brush to apply bronzer over the same areas which sets it and blends it all in. It sounds like a lot but it’s subtle and it makes you look naturally tan. The butter bronzer and the dew the hoola itself are not extreme and I love the way they work together. What I love about this is because it’s liquid it melts into the skin and just looks like you’re not wearing anything!
- I love my hoola bronzer. I switch between this and the butter bronzer. I find that this one for all over the face is more pigmented and just not as subtle as the butter bronzer. It has more oomph.
- Colourpop highlighter in might be. (heres the swatch.) I really wanted a rose gold highlight and I figured this was it! Fair warning the swatch on the website is significantly lighter than the actually product. When I first opened it I was like whoa this is so dark its gonna have to be an eyeshadow. I was bummed! But stay with me because it blends so nicely that it can totally be a highlight for medium skin. I use it as a blush topper/ color because it’s darker and this adds warmth to the face and ties in to the bronzed, tan look. I LOVE doing it this way and it just makes the makeup routine easier. I seriously recommend buying a darker highlight and using it for blush + highlight. I love the results.
This is the last bit of NY photos. I have a lot of pictures in this outfit and I like them all so here they are. Scroll!!
I love this romper so much. Everyone needs to own a little black romper! The last time I wore it was on my birthday and I need to wear it more! I love the sleeves. It’s so comfortable. It looks like a dress. It has POCKETS. Doesn’t get much better than that. I got it last summer at No Rest for Bridget. I’m bummed because I love it so much but can’t find the exact romper to link. Here are some similar ones here, here and this one which I also just got. This one is the same exact silhouette (smocked, sleeves, off the shoulder, pockets, straps) in a floral print.
Street walking pictures are way harder than they look!
Celine Sunnies // Rachel Zoe flats
Helloo Bryant Park! I’ve also decided day 3 hair is my best hair.
If you look at my blog it’s easy to tell that I’m a beauty product hoarder. I love beauty products and seeing whats new and finding new stuff to try. Sephora is my candy store; I could spend hours there honestly and I love browsing the website! I may not need anything but there is always something(s) I want. I’m done with school in 2 weeks (!!!) so I’ve decided not to buy anything because its gonna have to find its way home and for me that is a shit show. I accumulate a lot and I have a hard time finding a home for it! So I’m passing on the Sephora spring sale BUT if I wasn’t this is what I’d be getting…
code is VIBSPRING for 15% off till the 24th
NARS bronzer / Marc Jacobs Highlight / Black Tulip perfume / NARS highlight / Marc Jacobs Bronzer / Bumble Bumble pret a powder / Milk makeup skin tint / stila eyeshadow / Glamglow moisturizer / Philosophy exfoliant / NARS lip in cruisin/ Benefit dew the hoola
Ok so I probably wouldn’t get all of this because its 15% off not 50% but Lord knows I’d try! I’m on such a bronzer kick so thats why theres so many. Also itching to try some new hair texture products. Just not sure what. Drybar came out with a foam version of their detox dry shampoo! It’s sold out on Sephora but I really want to try it because I was not a fan of the Ouai one but I love the concept of it and want to find one I love.
Thrasher Hoodie // Jeans // Shoes
Loved my numbered lists so here we gooooooooo:
- Just a chill outfit one day in NY.
- I like my Thrasher hoodie and I’ll own it I don’t freakin skateboard. I read an article about the founder of Thrasher bashing Rihanna and Justin Bieber for wearing the brand because they’re “clowns” that don’t skate. Apparently blood has to be shed via eating shit skateboarding to be worthy of wearing the flames across your chest. The brand itself sorta carries that exclusive club sorta vibe and people get salty if you wear it and don’t skate. My brother bought the wrong size so I took it. I vibe with it so I’m gonna keep wearing it. Street wear is fashion without rules! Do what you like, no salt needed.
- I cannot say enough good things about these shoes!!! I wore them in NY without ANY complaints. They’re so comfy and easy to walk in. My feet didn’t even hurt from walking 5 miles like thats how GOOD they are. I stupidly wore sneakers without socks one day and got blisters so these were a dream after because my heal is free and untouched in them. If you look close at my foot you can see my red blister. The only thing is your feet may get dirty. I just showered so it was fine and they weren’t very dirty but it happens.
- I love donuts. My absolute favorite is Dough donuts on 19th in the Flatiron district. I love their chocolate the most but any of them are a good choice, honestly! I wanted to try a new place so I went to Doughnut Plant on 23rd. They’re supposed to be up their with Dough and one of the best donuts in the city but I wasn’t super impressed. They do have vegan donuts; the banana was really good! But I prefer Dough 100%. The pink ice tea though, which I am sipping in my pic is SO good. It’s fruity and light so go to a donut shop for ice tea. Hahah. The donuts aren’t bad, its still a donut but I prefer Dough. The shop is so cute though and the wall is decorated with donut shaped pillows!
- Fitbit front and center like I told you.
- Sephora is having 15% off for the VIB spring sale. Ends on the 24th! VIBSPRING or BISPRING will work for the codes. Naturally I want one of everything because I hoard beauty products. My cart is at $676 currently. 😗
I love New York city!!!! I think I’m going to live here after school. I love walking around and seeing where it takes you. You get the best pictures that way too because you never know whats gonna be around the corner! My fitbit got at least 16,000 steps everyday (thank god because I ate donuts like every day) so I walked a ton!!! It looks goofy but I’m gonna have it on in every picture.
So I wore this dress first, here. I loved that outfit so much and I really thought that was it for this dress. Especially because it was so memorable. I was wrong! This dress is so comfy and easy so I’m happy I found a casual way to wear it. And as for the yellow sunnies: they don’t do shit for blocking out the sun but I’m their biggest fan so I will continue to wear them.
Could not have asked for better weather while I was here. Shave your legs weather is back!
Looking for the cars that may take me out while I get my picture!!
Forever 21 Dress // Stan Smith sneakers ( so great for walking) // yellow sunnies
colourpop lip pencil in bff2 / yellow sunglasses
I’m in NY for Easter break!! It’s been the craziest week because I didn’t end up getting the housing at school that I thought I would get for next year so its been a big cluster trying to figure that out. But I’m here and I’m SO happy to be away from that and not even thinking about it. I’ve just been shopping and eating a lot of guacamole and that right there is the ticket to supreme Reece happiness so I’ll just keeping doing that. I love anywhere I can go and wear my yellow sunnies! They don’t block the sun but I love the look. Forget the rose colored glasses it’s all about life through gold colored glasses!
PJK romper similar // OTK boots similar
So I was going to stay in this weekend because I’m super sick with the worst cough and am losing my voice… but I’m me and I liked my outfit so I went out and now I have NO voice. I’ll do a lot for boots and a romper! Also!! My fitbit said I got 2 hours of sleep and 1 hour of sleep the past two nights.😳 I’m so tired but my cough is kicking my ass and wakes me up. aaannnndddddd I’m falling asleep as I write this so please let this be my night! Happy Monday if there is such thing!